This gorgeous Grand Soleil 42 has been cruising the Med since 2015 with her current English owners. They have pampered her for the last 3 years and she now looks better than ever with a huge list of additions and extras. Classic Frers lines and unmistakable good looks, she is a special gem not to be missed. She is currently lying ashore in Rome and is within easy reach of the airport.
Rocket is a beautiful yacht, great to sail, cosy at night, comfortable, and safe on passage. She has modern navigational electronics, off-grid capabilities and is a real head turner in port. Designed by German Frers and built with pride by Cantiere Del Pardo boat yard, Rocket is a true Italian icon.
She is in her prime and ready to sail you to anywhere in the world. We have a young daughter, an elderly dog and work commitments that bring us back to live in the UK.
Every year she has had the engine serviced, decks oiled, topsides polished, water tanks cleaned. She has been anti-fouled annually and her diesel treated for diesel bug. She has been maintained to the highest standards and is ready to go with everything you might need.
- She was purchased in Holland in 2015 having not been used for ten years.
- In Holland we refitted the entire structure; stripped the hull back to gel coat, applied primacon and anti-fouled with International Micron 2, completely renewed the electronics, reconditioned the sails, replaced the boiler system, replaced the exhaust system, installed a new saildrive membrane, sanded and oiled teak decks and re-oiled every 6 months thereafter.
- We replaced the running rigging, replaced the lower standing rigging, as per rigging inspection and installed all new safety equipment.
- We then sailed from Holland to the UK, got hitched and sailed across Biscay and down to the Med.
- We had our first born and remained ashore for the season.
- In this time, we installed a bespoke stainless steel solar/wind platform + bimini structure.
- We had a NDT electronic rigging survey undertaken: 100% pass.
- We sanded and re-varnished the interior of the yacht & re-upholstered all the cushions in silver/light grey.
- We had the engine completely overhauled, taken out of the boat and every component replaced or re-conditioned.
- We installed four new Rolls AGM batteries, two PV solar panels, wind generator, inverter, and a new bimini.
- Purchased a new Honwave 260 tender – Popped the last one on a rock!
- We sailed from Spain, through the Italian islands and spent the summer off-grid in Croatia, we then wintered the Yacht in Tropea – Calabria.
- We have done a cosmetic re-fit including New Sony Stereo 400 watt & fusion speakers, new cockpit table, new LED brass light fittings in the saloon, new chrome deck shower & mixer tap, re-varnished the saloon woodwork, oiled the decks, replaced the anodes, serviced the engine and sailed her to Rome.