Pace is the 2017 Fast 40+ National Champion.
PACE is a highly optimized and highly modified Ker 40+ that is turnkey and ready to win.
Overview of 2016/17 winter modifications for 2017 – Fast 40 Season Racing:
- Fabricated Hollow fin – New fin is 150kg lighter than the first solid fin. Is constructed of 7 or so sections welded together then machine surfaced each side. The assembled with composite fairings and skins in e glass. New Aquamet fin to hull fasteners.
- Transom length extension – the transom extended by 60mm to Fast 40 rule max length of 12.60m.
- Bow sprit – new sprit is longer and approx. 2 kg lighter and stiffer.
- Engine and drive – The original Yanmar engine and saildrive has been replaced with a lighter unit from Lombardini, with new prop from Gori. Lighter mechanics and workings/ tanks etc. to min weight.
- Jib car track, inhaul and garage – This area has been extensive modified from standard so that the jib car can be adjusted when sailing upwind under full sheet load, also mast collar area has been simplified for ease of systems maintenance. Jib tracks and cars upgraded to Harken CRX.
- Hatches lighten and second forehatch – lightweight inshore and offshore fore hatch and companionway hatch.
- Geometry checks – Full level up Geometry checked and mast heel adjusted by Alpha Plus UK.
- Deflector system – System upgraded, geared wheel system can be adjusted at 70% of full runner load with handline takeaway.
- Winch gearing – winch pedestal and system re geared to increase line speed on primaries is now approx 1 turn handles to 2.7 on primaries, new dropline drum made to adjust gearing to suit. Very fast hoists.
- General weight study and lightening – Boat lightened for 2017 season, no expense spared is light and quick downwind.
- Rig– Mast wet sanded and polished to improve windage and flow to sails.
Note: GBR 9463R.