- Gypsea has had just 2 owners in her entire life. Originally named BAT, she was based in the Great Lakes, and then stored indoors from 1991 to 1995 in Michigan. She sold to her current owner in 1994 and was sailed/motored via the canals to the East Coast, whereupon she was refitted for long-distance cruising: electronics, plumbing, sails, windlass, and inner forestay.
- Extensively upgraded over the years, she has a Nautor aluminum mast (1998), has been Awlgripped, has electric winches (2015), new sails (2015), new batteries (2015), new Isotherm water heater (2015), and enjoys easy, low maintenance fiberglass decks (since new).
- Gypsea has been based in New England since 1995, for summer sailing seasons and a few trips to the Caribbean. She is equipped for long-distance sailing with a PUR Water-maker, Monitor wind-vane, ICOM SSB with Pactor modem for email, and DSB 6-person Offshore Life Raft.
- Gypsea has been kept in motion and that means systems are regularly used and attended to, taking care to give her meticulous and consistent general maintenance.
- The Ron Holland 441 is known for its great sailing performance, with the preferred, elegant, spacious interior layout. Having been owned and loved for the last 23 years, it’s now time to sell. She is in commission, and is easily shown in Newport.