First launched in April 1993, SEA EAGLE was built just beautifully as we would expect of Nautor Swan. She had a very comprehensive specification and is perfect as a powerful and fast cruising yacht or for regattas. Her current owners have lavished care and resource on the yacht to ensure that she is in tip top shape. Shortly after purchase in the winter of 2011, they did a refit to SEA EAGLE and added the following:
- Sailor Fleet BB250 with additional handset in owner’s cabin.
- Icom M505 VHF and Command Mic at helm.
- Icom M801 E SSB.
- TH Bury cell phone cradle with external antennae.
- Furuno SC50 satellite compass.
- Furuno GP 32 GPS with data distribution through isolated buffers.
- Raymarine ST60 speed depth and wind systems.
- Additional St60 wind and graphic displays.
- Raymarine SPX30 and 2 off ST6002 control Autopilot system (hydraulic pump also replaced).
- Ruggedized shuttle style comms pc with 17’’ glass fronted monitor.
- BEP 2 zone Gas alarm system.
- Muster alarm system.
- All navigation light fittings replaced (Aqua signal series 55).
- 2 off Furuno Navnet 3D MFD 12 displays.
- Maxsea time zero explorer software loaded onto comms pc and interfaced to Furuno system.
- Furuno DRS4D digital radar scanner.
- Furuno FA50 AIS transceiver.
- Replaced Radio batteries.
- Mood lighting in saloon.
- Entertainment system consisting of BOSE lifestyle 235 system in saloon, Blu-ray player, exterior BOSE 135 speakers in both cockpits.
The updates and improvements have been ongoing through their ownership of the yacht. Below are some other notable updates through the yacht’s life –
- New 12mm teak deck laid in 2008.
- New Awlgrip Aristo painted topsides in 2008.
- Full anti-osmosis treatment including nine coats of Epoxy in 2008.
- Full Engine revision including new turbo charger in 2008.
- New Navtec rod rigging in 2015.
- Mast removed and serviced in 2007; mast and boom painted 2015.
SEA EAGLE is currently laid up ready for her new owner. She has also been coded to MCA charter standards but please note, some items of equipment may require servicing before she can be re-coded for the current season.
SEA EAGLE OF SHIAN III has been a marvelous yacht for our family. We have raced and cruised with her and had the best of times with her. She is responsive, powerful and very comfortable. She is also a stunning looking yacht that attracts admiring glances wherever she goes, and it has been a privilege to own and upgrade her. However, with a growing family and many other calls on our time, we are not able to commit to the sort of sailing programme that she deserves, so we have reluctantly decided that she must be sold.