Ahoy-there! Shiver me timbers, the South Coast’s leading boatyard & marina employing over 150 people in Lymington is looking for an exceptionally talented marketing manager that has the flare to get Berthon’s boatyard & marina marketing ship-shape and ready to hit the water.
As we sail through unprecedented growth, the successful shipmate needs to be below decks getting all the nuts and bolts of website SEO and reporting ready, scrubbing the decks making sure our current berth holders are valued and in the crow’s nest looking for danger and potential new clients.
If you have marine industry marketing experience are willing to learn the Berthon ropes and make waves then this role is a must for any marketeer looking for a senior marketing role in the marine industry.
Job Title: Marketing Manager
Reports to: Director
Direct reports: Visual (photo and video) Content Producer, Asst Marketing trainee.
Job Purpose: To manage all marketing and external communications to include boatyard (commercial and leisure refits), marina and various new subsidiary companies – to acquire new customers
Scope: Lead the development of brand, marketing, digital assets, communications and media/PR strategies using continual audience research and analysis to inform strategy.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To be the captain of the Berthon brand and voice through its multi-faceted customer touchpoints to ensure consistency, quality and excellent service;
- To own the implementation of the marketing strategy to drive new customers and retain existing ones;
- This includes leading the website, customer and company communications, digital assets and channels (including management of an SEO consultant) and the customer user journey;
- To develop the tone of voice and brand values of Berthon and to ensure they are utilised in all departments;
- To liaise and provide marketing services (eg Case Studies, etc) for Berthon departments and companies;
- Direct line responsibility for in-house video & still photographer/editor and trainee assistant;
- Co-ordinate and further develop digital media output and relevant case studies for various divisions and subsidiaries;
- Update new businesses/subsidiary websites;
- Reporting to ensure KPIs are being met and learnings are brought forward to influence the future marketing strategy.
The successful candidate should have a combination of most or all the following skills:
- Exemplary attention to detail and accuracy;
- Good marine copywriting skills;
- Good knowledge of digital media to include LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc;
- Good knowledge of the marine/yachting industry;
- Good understanding of yachts/yachting;
- Live locally in the New Forest;
- Be willing to attend various boat shows & events;
- Good knowledge of and insight regarding SEO, Google analytics or similar
Berthon have a high retention rate by pushing the boat out with competitive salary and going overboard with benefits. You won’t need a telescope to see the sea either, our site overlooks the river and the Solent and so we guarantee you’ll get beautiful views every day of the week.
Berthon have ISO 9001, ISO 14001 & ISO 18001; offer 33 days holiday (inc bank holidays), and pension plan.
Apply for Position
If you feel you meet the requisite criteria and want to work in a top quality environment, please apply in writing by sending a completed application form along with your CV to:
Berthon Boat Company Limited
The Shipyard, Bath Road
Download Application Form
Job Application Form (MS Word document) - to complete and send by email.
Job Application Form (PDF document) - to print out if you cannot open MS Word documents.
Candidate Privacy Notice (PDF document).