Berthon Property Manager
Experience of managing investment (internal and external construction projects) and servicing & maintenance contracts, initial brief taking, design (using CAD), costing, procurement, project planning, installation, supervision and sign off.
The successful applicant must also have experience of working on Marine specific projects ideally within a Marina/Boatyard environment.
Typical projects include, but are not limited to major and minor infrastructure replacements and repair, marine specific project involving MMO applications, capital long-term investment and future planning. Knowledge of Planning Applications, Building Regulations, DDA, HSE & COSHH requirements are essential.
- Qualification in engineering and or design,
- Computer literate,
- Auto Cad essential,
- Ability to manage internal and external subcontractors,
- Working to tight deadlines within agreed budgets,
- Ability to work on multiple projects,
- Including maintenance & servicing all site equipment,
- Regular sub-contractor reviews,
- Constant re-assessment of priorities with Directors (IE. Boatyard main functions must continue uninterrupted).
Berthon has a “can do attitude” that often requires tailored solutions with contractors rather than compromise, designed in-house.
Role includes managing all maintenance on site, conforming to legal standards including but not limited to the following:
- The fabric of all buildings (including doors, roofing and roof vents etc), offices, workshops and tenanted properties,
- Piers, pontoons and sea walls,
- General boat yard hard standings, carpark and boat gantries, drains,
- Site security; CCTV, access control, security lighting and barrier controls,
- All Power, Water and Gas services for the above, monitoring and recording readings for future analysis and checking usage,
- Machinery (cranes and boatlifting/boat moving equipment etc),
- Plant and equipment (inc boilers, compressors, and radiant heaters),
- Spray facility (inc 4 x booths),
- Periodic Electrical testing
- buildings, pontoons and outdoor areas,
- fire alarms and detection systems,
- air conditioning, air handling,
- Local exhaust ventilation (LEV).
- Procurement and analysis of replacement general plant and equipment, analysis of options, whole life costs etc.
- Responsibility for waste disposal & ensuring compliance with our waste management procedures, ensuring Berthon recycles waste efficiently.
- Documentation and record keeping in line with ISO9001:2015, ISO14001:2015, ISO45001:2018 requirements.
- Experience in reporting at Director Level while maintaining a working relationship with all internal trades regardless of position within the company.
- Experience communicating with Architects and Consultants as required on specific projects.
- An attitude that ensures even the smallest of tasks completed with the same high degree of care and professionalism (an eye for detail) irrespective of the size or complexity of the project.
In a nutshell, Berthon Property Manager is responsible for project and maintenance work across the entire site with the exception of our clients’ boats.
Berthon is a family business. We have no bank debt, investing continuously in our training, plant, machinery & infrastructure from our retained profits, not by borrowing. We own our 10 acre Lymington shipyard and 8 acres of the river which forms our marina. Berthon is entering many new business areas, and we look forward to continued success with our latest expansion plans.
Apply for Position
If you feel you meet the requisite criteria and want to work in a top quality environment, please apply in writing by sending a completed application form along with your CV to:
Berthon Boat Company Limited
The Shipyard, Bath Road
Download Application Form
Job Application Form (MS Word document) - to complete and send by email.
Candidate Privacy Notice (PDF document).