Sales & Product Specialist
BHG Marine is part of the Berthon Group. Established in 1947, BHG Marine is a dealer/distributor for a diverse range of leading marine brands, covering products from ribs, fishing and sports boats to tenders and outboards. Our Lymington based sales department are looking to recruit. The successful candidate will join a fast-paced small team serving our trade & retail customer base.
Main Duties / description: The successful candidate will assist with general sales duties & be responsible for certain product sales in the UK & Europe. This position would suit someone who has great customer service skills & a background in marine & retail environments. Specific system & process training will be given.
The following attributes are essential for this role:
- Customer service & communication skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Good telephone manner.
- Quick learner, able to work in a close team.
- Good housekeeping.
- Great initiative and a hands-on attitude.
Other duties will include process management & attending shows & events. Exemplary customer service skills and attention to detail are essential, we have a large client base, and you will be expected to build professional relationships with all stakeholders. You will be working as part of a tight-knit team in our new Lymington office. This role offers excellent prospects and an exciting opportunity within a well-respected company.
Duties to include but not limited to:
- Conduct sales over the phone, via email and face to face.
- Process, package, and dispatch orders.
- Update the ecommerce website & social media content.
- Working with the current sales team on all products.
- Build relationships with current & new suppliers.
- Work various shows & events.
- Work Saturdays & Bank holidays on a rota.
The following attributes are desirable for this role:
- Knowledge of or background in the marine industry.
- Proven track record / sales experience.
- Excellent time management.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with autonomy or within a team.
- Driving licence / RYA powerboat level 2 / forklift licence / towing licence.
- Full time permanent position.
- 5 weeks paid holiday per year.
- Pleasant working environment (based in Lymington).
- Immediate start.
- Salary dependent on experience + Bonus schemes.
For full details please contact Ben Bradley-Watson on 01590 647416 or email: email@example.com
Apply for Position
If you feel you meet the requisite criteria and want to work in a top quality environment, please apply in writing by sending a completed application form along with your CV to:
Berthon Boat Company Limited
The Shipyard, Bath Road
Download Application Form
Job Application Form (MS Word document) - to complete and send by email.
Candidate Privacy Notice (PDF document).