The rugged GEMINI Waverider 505 was designed and built to withstand some of the harshest of weather conditions, in some of the most testing roles, put to work by some the most unforgiving operators.
As a result is Geminis are in operation with a large number of commercial and rescue agencies around the world, in a diverse range of roles from engineering support and crew transfers to search and rescue and harbour master duties to name a few.
The WR 505 is offered with a large choice of engines, consoles, seating and on-board equipment, to meet these differing operational requirements.
- Hull Quality – Constructed from advanced composite materials; providing an exceptionally strong structure, and a damage and corrosion resistant craft.
- Superior Seakeeping – Gemini’s composite deep vee hull offering outstanding seakeeping, improved stability, as well as being forgiving to operate.
- Military/Commercial Grade Sponson – Heavy Duty Hypalon 1100 DTEX Sponsons with the Option for Double Skinning and extra armouring for additional strength and protection.
- Interoperability – Available with single or multipoint lifts designed for safe launch and recovery.
- Proven – A hull design for superior seakeeping, payload carrying and reduced hull slamming supported by advanced shock mitigation seating ensures personnel remain fully capable throughout mission.
- Reliable – Twin outboard engine options delivers improved reliability, superior shallow water capability (o/b) and exceptional maneuverability and control at low and high speed.
- Mission Specific – Flexible platform design which can be adapted differing configuration, bespoke fit out and equipment fit.
- Compliance – Built to international recognised standard, and can be easily equipped and coded to meet local authority regulatory compliance.
- Transportability – The WR505 is transportable by road on road trailer or flatbed truck, it can also fit in an ISO shipping container and can be made compatible for air transport.
Approximate performance data with differing engine horse powers and configurations are available on request.
- Engine Options – Single or Twin Install
- Petrol Outboards: Mercury, Mariner, Suzuki, Evinrude, Yamaha.
- Inclusive of a choice of steering and fuel systems.
There are a number of differing configurations available, and general arrangement drawings are available on request. In addition custom configurations are available according to weight and balance.
- Hypalon sponsons (1100Dtex)
- 1 x Heavy duty shark fin rubbing strakes
- Full length grab line
- 5 x Inflation Valves
- 5 x Over pressure release valves
- Internally taped seams
- 2 x Paddles
- Stainless steel bow eye
- Anchor rope bow protection
- Anchor locker
- Aluminium keel protection
- Transom knee
- Choice of Consoles Configurations
- Choice of Jockey or Shock Mitigation Suspension seats
- Lifting eyes & Lifting Strops
- Extra fuel tanks (up to 1080 l.)
- Foam filled hull
- M8 deck utility bolt system
- Deck track system
- Strengthened deck for high load areas and mounts
- Towing bollard
A Frame Options
- Choice of A-frame Configuration & Material
- Additional fenders on sponsons (1 or 2 extra)
- Upgrade to DTEX 1670
- Additional rubbing strips on the front for bow protection
- Anti-slip surfaces on sponsons
Navigation & Communication System Options:
- VHF Radio (Fixed & Handheld)
- GPS Chartplotter
- Depth sounder
- Entertainment system
- Command and Control systems
- Bespoke system integration and system fit available on request
Specialist Equipment Fit
Specialist and client supplied equipment fit and integration is available on request at Berthon Boat Company.
Consumable and Contingency spares packages are available on request
The following training courses are available:
- Operator Training
- Mechanic training
- Specialist Equipment Training
- Specialist Role Training