The rugged GEMINI Waverider 550 was designed to withstand the harshest of weather conditions.
These mid-sized models in the Gemini range of RIBS are not only used commercially, but also for rescue & military operations internationally, with the majority of the National Sea Rescue institute’s fleet is made up of GEMINI WR 550’s.
The WR 550 is offered with a large choice of engines, consoles, seating and on-board equipment and is also available with T-top to protection crew and passengers from the elements.
- Hull Quality – Constructed from advanced composite materials; providing an exceptionally strong structure, and a damage and corrosion resistant craft.
- Superior Seakeeping – Gemini’s composite deep vee hull offering outstanding seakeeping, improved stability, as well as being forgiving to operate.
- Military/Commercial Grade Sponson – Heavy Duty Hypalon 1100 DTEX Sponsons with the Option for Double Skinning and extra armouring for additional strength and protection.
- Interoperability – Available with single or multipoint lifts designed for safe launch and recovery.
- Proven – A hull design for superior seakeeping, payload carrying and reduced hull slamming supported by advanced shock mitigation seating ensures personnel remain fully capable throughout mission.
- Reliable – Twin outboard engine options delivers improved reliability, superior shallow water capability (o/b) and exceptional maneuverability and control at low and high speed.
- Mission Specific – Flexible platform design which can be adapted differing configuration, bespoke fit out and equipment fit.
- Self-Righting – Designed to incorporate self-righting system
- Compliance – Built to international recognised standard, and can be easily equipped and coded to meet local authority regulatory compliance.
- Transportability – The WR650 is transportable by road on road trailer or flatbed truck, it can also fit in an ISO shipping container and can be made compatible for air transport.
Approximate performance data with differing engine horse powers and configurations are available on request.
- Engine Options – Single or Twin Install
- Petrol Outboards: Mercury, Mariner, Suzuki, Evinrude, Yamaha.
- Inclusive of a choice of steering and fuel systems.
There are a number of differing configurations available, and general arrangement drawings are available on request. In addition custom configurations are available according to weight and balance.
- Hypalon sponson (1100Dtex)
- 2 x Heavy duty shark fin rubbing strakes
- Full length grab line
- 5 x Inflation Valves
- 5 x Over pressure release valves
- Internally taped seams
- 2 x Paddles
- Stainless steel bow eye
- Anchor rope bow protection
- Anchor locker
- Aluminium keel protection
- Transom knee
- Choice of Consoles Configurations
- Choice of Jockey or Shock Mitigation Suspension seats
- Lifting eyes & Lifting Strops
- Extra fuel tanks (up to 1080 l.)
- Foam filled hull
- M8 deck utility bolt system
- Deck track system
- Strengthened deck for high load areas and mounts
- Single Post Quick Release Hook for Davit system (integrated in console)
- Towing bollard
A Frame Options
- Choice of A-frame Configuration & Material
- Additional fenders on sponsons (1 or 2 extra)
- Colour strip between bumpers
- Additional rubbing strips on the front for bow protection
- Anti-slip surfaces on tubes
- Upgrade to DTEX 1670
Navigation & Communication System Options:
- VHF Radio (Fixed & Handheld)
- GPS Chartplotter
- Magnetic Compass
- Depth sounder
- Entertainment system
- Night Vision Equipment
- Command and Control systems
- Bespoke system integration and system fit available on request
Specialist Equipment Fit
Specialist and client supplied equipment fit and integration is available on request at Berthon Boat Company.
Consumable and Contingency spares packages are available on request
The following training courses are available:
- Operator Training
- Mechanic training
- Specialist Equipment Training
- Specialist Role Training