The Gemini 650 is a new addition to the Waverider leisure range and has quickly risen to a best seller. Its sleek lines and ultra-modern hull design ensures a dry ride for crew and passengers and with hull and deck being constructed to the same specifications as the commercial W650 version which is in use with South Africa’s National Sea Rescue Institute , safety and durability can be assured.
With a wide range of engine and electronic solutions the WR 650 can be fitted out to meet individual client’s needs. The numerous optional extra and deck layout options provide the customer with opportunities to create a bespoke boat for all leisure activities from water-sports to family day boat and high capacity seating options see’s the WR650 become the perfect work horse passenger boat.
Manufactured in compliance with ISO 9001-2015 standards adn certified to European directive RCD (ISO 3013/53/EU)
Cape Town’s challenging South Atlantic currents and inhospitable seas have long been famed as a testing location for seafarers.
With thirty years of experience in designing engineering and building Rigid Hull Inflatable Boats, Gemini have become a byword for dependability and capability. Being the builder of choice for international commercial operators, Special Forces, Police and rescue institutions worldwide; these boats have been tested to the limit.
The Gemini Waverider 650 is therefore the option of choice for South Africa’s National Sea Rescue fleet as a mid-range hull with a variety of engine, console and seating options to allow you to tailor the 650 to your needs.
If you value professional-level fit-out and performance, the 650 will deliver.
The new Gemini WR 650 has taken the boating market by storm with its sleek lines and ultra-modern hull shape, and has quickly become one of the most popular models in the range. Designed to withstand the harshest of weather conditions, the WR650 adheres to a wide variety of customer needs, actively in use in customs patrol/protection, policing, commercial and rescue applications worldwide and transforms quickly into a very capable workhorse.
The WR 650 is offered with a large choice of engines, consoles, seating and on-board equipment and is also available with T-top to protection crew and passengers from the elements.
- Hull Quality – Constructed from advanced composite materials; providing an exceptionally strong structure, and a damage and corrosion resistant craft.
- Superior Seakeeping – Gemini’s composite deep vee hull offering outstanding seakeeping, improved stability, as well as being forgiving to operate.
- Interoperability – Available with single or multipoint lifts designed for safe launch and recovery.
- Proven – A hull design for superior seakeeping, payload carrying and reduced hull slamming supported by advanced shock mitigation seating ensures personnel remain fully capable throughout mission.
- Reliable – Outboard engine options delivers improved reliability, superior shallow water capability (o/b) and exceptional maneuverability and control at low and high speed.
- Mission Specific – Flexible platform design which can be adapted differing configuration, bespoke fit out and equipment fit.
- Self-Righting – Designed to incorporate self-righting system
- Compliance – Built to international recognised standard, and can be easily equipped and coded to meet local authority regulatory compliance.
- Transportability – The WR650 is transportable by road on road trailer or flatbed truck, it can also fit in an ISO shipping container and can be made compatible for air transport.
Approximate performance data with differing engine horse powers and configurations are available on request.
- Engine Options – Single or Twin Install
- Petrol Outboards: Mercury, Mariner, Suzuki, Evinrude, Yamaha.
- Inclusive of a choice of steering and fuel systems.
There are a number of differing configurations available, and general arrangement drawings are available on request. In addition custom configurations are available according to weight and balance.
- Hypalon sponsons (1100Dtex)
- 2 x Heavy duty shark fin rubbing strakes
- Full length grab line
- 5 x Inflation Valves
- 5 x Over pressure release valves
- Internally taped seams
- 2 x Paddles
- 2 x Stainless steel bow eyes
- Anchor rope bow protection
- Anchor locker
- Aluminium keel protection
- Transom knee
- Engine motor well
- Under deck cable track
- 2 x Below deck fuel lockers
- 2 x Towing points
- Self-draining deck
- Non-slip deck
- 1 x Double action pump
- 1 x Repair kit
- Choice of Consoles Configurations
- Choice of Jockey or Shock Mitigation Suspension seats
- Lifting eyes & Lifting Strops
- Extra fuel tanks (up to 1080 l.)
- Foam filled hull
- M8 deck utility bolt system
- Deck track system
- Strengthened deck for high load areas and mounts
- Towing bollard
A Frame Options
- Choice of A-frame Configuration & Material
- Additional fenders on sponsons (1 or 2 extra)
- Colour strip between bumpers
- Additional rubbing strips on the front for bow protection
- Anti-slip surfaces on sponsons
- Upgrade to DTEX 1670
Navigation & Communication System Options:
- VHF Radio (Fixed & Handheld)
- GPS Chartplotter
- Magnetic Compass
- Depth sounder
- Entertainment system
- Night Vision Equipment
- Command and Control systems
- Bespoke system integration and system fit available on request
Specialist Equipment Fit
Specialist and client supplied equipment fit and integration is available on request at Berthon Boat Company.
Consumable and Contingency spares packages are available on request
The following training courses are available:
- Operator Training
- Mechanic Training
- Specialist Equipment Training
- Specialist Role Training