SHADOW is an extraordinary sailing machine. She is light, fast, well balanced and was built for rewarding sailing for her owner and his guests in all conditions. Her interior is light, airy and simply a nice place in which to spend time. She has been meticulously maintained from launch and 2015 sees a series of significant updates together with a spectacular new wardrobe. Equally at home cruising or on the regatta circuit, she also comes with an eye catching livery and sleek good looks. She is professionally maintained and she is inly used privately. Despite her performance potential she has never been raced. Her lifting keel gives her the potential to enjoy many private ports and anchorages in the Mediterranean without worrying about draft. Her sail handling systems are easily managed and she offers the opportunity for rewarding sailing even in very light airs.
At the moment works that are being or have been done in 2018 are as follows –
- Master cabin shower door replaced.
- Scratches on floors repaired.
- Winch service.
- Decks repaired and caulking replaced where damaged.
- 5 Year engine service.
- 5 year Generator service.
- Outboard serviced.
- Aux Generator rebuilt.
- Hatches resealed.
- LSA’s serviced.
- Sealant in toilets, showers and galley replaced.
- Sails off for yearly service at Doyle.
- B and G system software update.
- Crew shower trays repaired.
- Hydraulics checked.
- Medical kit updated.
- Wifi and 4G aerials and router installed.
- Mooring lines replaced.
- 2 pumps replaced from flowjet to Whale gulpers.
- All brushes in fans and pumps replaced.
- Also all ongoing maintenance work.
A full list will be available when the refit is complete.
- New Capstan on the foredeck which retracts when not in use.
- New Mastervolt battery charging system for all battery banks.
- New Mastervolt gel batteries the house, hydraulics and capstan and windlass.
- Full safety audit with new fire extinguishers throughout and new independent automatic bilge pumps in each section of the bilge.
- Sail maintenance and repair.
- Watermakers serviced and repaired.
- Automatic fire extinguisher in auxiliary generator fitted.
- Keel rams removed and serviced.
- Hydraulic system checked and serviced including the keel mechanism.
- New running rigging.