Ocean is in the name and she was designed for heading off bluewater sailing. With oodles of accommodation she has huge potential. The current owner is currently sailing her to the Caribbean with the view to selling her this season. In full commission in use as a family cruising yacht she presents the perfect opportunity to buy a yacht in the Caribbean that is ready to go. Plenty of upgrades especially in the last 2 years preparing her for this Atlantic circuit. Awaiting more pictures once she has arrived in Antigua. Main cruising ground is to be between Antigua and the BVI’s.
This is fine quality and pedigree yacht which combines the best in space, comfort, performance and safety. She is perfectly suited to either crewed charter or for private use.
I have cruised for the last 8/9 years with my young family mainly throughout France and UK and am now half way through a sabbatical year with the boat cruising to the Canary Islands and Caribbean.
Included are comprehensive spares, tools, charts and pilot books
Two refits have been recently completed the first was a major refit which ‘zero’ rated most of the yacht and the description of the works is below. The last refit was carried out in 2016 and 2018 in the UK.
2016 & 2018 Refit:
- After 5 years of ownership the boat had the following main improvements and upgrades:
- Removal of generator and water-maker and air-conditioning units, simplifying the entire electrical system given the current and future anticipated use of the boat. At the same time upgrading of Alternators and Invertors and power usage including the changing of all internal lights to LED and improvement across the board on power consumption.
- All canvas materials externally replaced in 2016 including nappy bags on main and mizzen, spray-dodger, bimini.
- New main, mizzen and stay sails.
- In 2018 removal of both masts, booms and replacement of all stainless steel rigging throughout with any necessary cosmetic repairs being made through masts, booms etc.
- Replacement in 2016 of almost all running riggings including all halyards and the guard rails.
- Engine overall in 2018 of all fuel, water and electrical / recharging elements including new Electric control panel.
- Installation of more modern navigation system in 2018 including top of the range AIS and WIFI interfaced with navigation instruments and autopilot.
- Installation of new top of the range Autopilot system in 2018 linked to navigation systems.
- Complete replacement of all safety equipment in 2018 including new 8 man liferaft, life-jacket/harnesses, EPIRB, Danbouy etc.
- Replacement of tender and engine in 2016 again simplifying the specification so that the tender can be stowed below decks for passage making rather than on deck with the option of the tender being stowed below or above deck.
- Cosmetic paintwork, varnish work throughout including fabric where necessary and new mattresses in stateroom and 2 x guest rooms.
A very, very thorough and comprehensive refit was completed in 2007. This took 16 months and included the following (a separate more detailed document is available describing the refit in detail):
- Complete replacement of the teak decks (circa 43 square meters), using finest quality 24mm quarter sawn Burmese teak and with full depth seams.
- The hull was stripped back to GRP (zero osmosis was present) and allowed to dry for 4 months, she was then given three full coats of epoxy resin and 6 coats of Jutamastic 87 epoxy paint.
- A total professional re-paint to hull , topsides, coach roof and all superstructures, both masts, booms, poles and spreaders. International Professional Plus paint.
- Renewal of all ports, deadlights and hatches throughout.
- Renewal of the complete cap-rail in Burmese teak and including new purpose made 316 SS fairleads, scuppers and bollards.
A very full and detailed summary of the complete refit together with a photographic record can be supplied on request. This yacht in 2007 was almost certainly the finest Southern Ocean afloat and in many respects better than in new condition. Many, many improvements and modifications incorporated during the refit and based directly on the (then) owners first-hand experiences in well over 20,000 miles of sailing the yacht.