ROTHMANS is one of the most iconic yachts to grace the ocean-racing scene. Launched to a fanfare and sailed by Britain’s greatest, she not only showed her prowess during the race but her construction was light years ahead of the competition. She has been well looked after in the recent years, and had a huge refit in 2011 back to her original trim but only improved with a recent electronics package. In her current ownership she has not been chartered, and only used for private sailing, as Ludwig says, but much more fun than an Aston Martin!
ROTHMANS is like driving James Bond´s Aston Martin: there might be more modern and even faster ones, but there´s nothing like it!
- Built as the British entry for the 1989 Whitbread Race w. skipper Lawrie Smith. England engaged all their resources executing the by far most staking campaign to win the Whitbread Trophy (todays Volvo Ocean Race) back then.
- Participant and winner in many races like Sydney Hobart.
- Participant in the Volvo Ocean Race Legends Regattas.
- Alicante 2011 and Gothenburg 2018.
- Latest successes 2nd in ARC 2011 and 1st in Round Gotland Race SRS 2016.
- Race ready. Ready for long haul travel. Good or leisure, corporate or charter.
- Based in Sweden since 1993. She was kept in excellent condition all the time and apart from new electronics and sails, she comes in her original race trim.