M.Y. BOUNTY, a TSDY (Twin Screw Diesel Yacht) built by Camper & Nicholson in 1936, arrived at Berthon in September 2005 and left our sheds earlier this year having had a refit that stripped her from stem to stern, individually replacing or repairing every steel frame one-by-one in order to safeguard the teak planking, over 90% of which remains original.
The fully refurbished twin 6LXB Gardener engines provide 254hp at 1500rpm and drive this famous gentleman’s motoryacht at a stately 8-10 knots. New engineering and wiring is cleverly masked behind the lavish stately styling of the new interior, reflecting the understated elegance of a bygone era.
As a Dunkirk Little Ship, this motoryacht saw action during WWll at the evacuation of the French beaches in 1940. She is now fully compliant to MCA regulations, making her available for charter (for parties up to 40), evoking all that one comes to expect from a yacht with such provenance.
M.Y. BOUNTY Hull Images
M.Y. BOUNTY Engine Room & Deck Images
M.Y. BOUNTY Interior Images
M.Y. BOUNTY Images at Sea