Cape Town’s challenging South Atlantic currents and inhospitable seas have long been famed as a testing location for seafarers.
With thirty years of experience in designing engineering and building Rigid Hull Inflatable Boats, Gemini have become a byword for dependability and capability. Being the builder of choice for international commercial operators, Special Forces, Police and rescue institutions worldwide; these boats have been tested to the limit.
The Gemini Waverider 505 is, therefore, the option of choice for South Africa’s National Sea Rescue fleet as a mid-range hull with a variety of engine, console and seating options to allow you to tailor the 505 to your needs.
If you value professional-level fit-out and performance, the 505 will deliver.
- Hull Quality – Constructed from advanced composite materials; providing an exceptionally strong structure, and a damage and corrosion resistant craft.
- Superior Seakeeping – Gemini’s composite deep vee hull offering outstanding seakeeping, improved stability, as well as being forgiving to operate.
- Interoperability – Available with single or multipoint lifts designed for safe launch and recovery.
- Proven – A hull design for superior seakeeping, payload carrying and reduced hull slamming supported by advanced shock mitigation seating ensures personnel remain fully capable throughout the mission.
- Reliable – Outboard engine options deliver improved reliability, superior shallow water capability (o/b) and exceptional manoeuvrability and control at low and high speed.
- Mission Specific – Flexible platform design which can be adapted differing configuration, bespoke fit out and equipment fit.
- Compliance – Built to internationally recognised standards, and can be easily equipped and coded to meet local authority regulatory compliance.
- Transportability – The WR505 is transportable by road on road trailer or flatbed truck, it can also fit in an ISO shipping container and can be made compatible for air transport.
Approximate performance data with differing engine horsepowers and configurations are available on request.
There are a number of different configurations available, and general arrangement drawings are available on request. In addition, custom configurations are available according to weight and balance.
- Hypalon sponson (1100Dtex)
- 2 x heavy duty shark fin rubbing strakes
- 5 x over pressure release valves
- Anchor rope bow protection
- Full-length grab line
- 5 x inflation valves
- Internally taped seams
- 2 x paddles
- Stainless steel bow eye
- Transom knee
- Anchor locker
- Aluminium keel protection
- Choice of Consoles Configurations
- Choice of Jockey or Shock Mitigation Suspension seats
- Lifting eyes & Lifting Strops
- Extra fuel tanks (up to 1080 l.)
- Foam filled hull
- M8 deck utility bolt system
- Deck track system
- Strengthened deck for high load areas and mounts
- Towing bollard
- Choice of A-frame Configuration & Material
- Additional fenders on sponsons (1 or 2 extra)
- Additional rubbing strips on the front for bow protection
- Anti-slip surfaces on sponsons
- Upgrade to DTEX 1670
Navigation & Communication System Options:
- VHF Radio (Fixed & Handheld)
- GPS Chartplotter
- Magnetic Compass
- Depth sounder
- Entertainment system
- Night Vision Equipment
- Command and Control systems
- Bespoke system integration and system fit available on request
Specialist Equipment Fit
Specialist and client supplied equipment fit and integration is available on request at Berthon Boat Company.
Consumable and Contingency spares packages are available on request
The following training courses are available:
- Operator Training
- Mechanic training
- Specialist Equipment Training
- Specialist Role Training