The WR 880 is used extensively in almost every possible boating application worldwide due to its proven ability in rough conditions as well as larger versatile deck space and long-range capability.
As a result is Geminis are in operation with a large number of international commercial and rescue agencies, in a diverse range of roles from engineering support and crew transfers to search and rescue and harbour master duties to name a few.
The WR 880 adheres to the rigorous requirements of these government, rescue and commercial agencies, who expect the best in performance, safety and reliability.
The WR 880 comes with a large choice of engines, consoles, seating and onboard equipment. It is also available with a fully enclosed composite cabin, giving full protection from the elements. The Gemini cabin is designed to maintain good side deck access, as well as the option for bow access via a forward hatch. The design offers separate forward cabin from the main cockpit which has the option of being fitted with a galley, toilet, berths and storage facilities. The cabin also benefits from the option of air conditioning, heating system and demister system.
The Gemini cabin dashboard offers ample space for a full navigation and communication suite, and the cabin cockpit deck strengthened for a range of seating configurations.
- Hull Quality – Constructed from advanced composite materials; providing an exceptionally strong structure, and a damage and corrosion resistant craft.
- Superior Seakeeping – Gemini’s stepped volume hull offers outstanding seakeeping, improved stability, and increased payload carrying capability, as well as being forgiving to operate.
- Military/Commercial Grade Tube – Heavy Duty Hypalon 1100 DTEX Sponsons with the Option for Double Skinning and extra armouring for additional strength and protection.
- Interoperability – Available with single or multipoint lifts designed for safe launch and recovery.
- Proven – A hull design for superior seakeeping, payload carrying and reduced hull slamming supported by advanced shock mitigation seating ensures personnel remain fully capable throughout the mission.
- Reliable – Twin outboard or inboards engine options deliver improved reliability, superior shallow water capability (o/b) and exceptional manoeuvrability and control at low and high speed.
- Mission Specific – Flexible platform design which can be adapted differing configuration, bespoke fit out and equipment fit.
- Self-Righting – Designed to incorporate a self-righting system
- Compliance – Built to international recognised standards, and can be easily equipped and coded to meet local authority regulatory compliance.
- Transportability – The WR880 is transportable by road on road trailer or flatbed truck, it can also fit in an ISO shipping container and can be made compatible for air transport.
Approximate performance data with differing engine horsepowers and configurations are available on request.
- Engine Options – Single or Twin Install
- Pertol Outboards: Mercury, Mariner, Suzuki, Evinrude, Yamaha.
- Diesel Outboards: Cox Powertrain
- Diesel Inboard: Available on Request
- Inclusive of steering and fuel systems.
There are a number of different configurations available, and general arrangement drawings are available on request. In addition, custom configurations are available according to weight and balance.
- Hypalon sponson (Military Grade 1670Dtex)
- 2 x Heavy duty shark fin rubbing strakes
- Full-length grab line
- 7 x Inflation Valves
- 7 x Over pressure release valves
- Internally taped seams
- 2 x Paddles
- 2 x Stainless steel bow eyes
- Anchor rope bow protection
- Anchor locker
- Aluminium keel protection
- 3 x Transom knees
- Engine motor well
- Under deck cable track
- 2 x Below deck fuel lockers
- 2 x Towing points
- Self-draining deck
- Non-slip deck
- 1 x Double action pump
- 1 x Repair kit
- Choice of Jockey or Shock Mitigation Suspension seats
- Lifting eyes & Lifting Strops
- Extra fuel tanks (up to 1080 l.)
- Foam filled hull
- M8 deck utility bolt system
- Deck track system
- Strengthened deck for high load areas and mounts
- Towing bollard
A Frame Options
- Choice of A-frame Configuration & Material
- Engine protection bar on A-frame
- Self-Righting system on A-frame
- Additional fenders on sponson (1 or 2 extra)
- Colour strip between bumpers
- Additional rubbing strips on the front for bow protection
- Anti-slip surfaces on sponson
- Slide-on sponson
Navigation & Communication System Options:
- VHF Radio (Fixed & Handheld)
- GPS Chartplotter
- Magnetic Compass
- Depth sounder
- Entertainment system
- Night Vision Equipment
- Command and Control systems
- Bespoke system integration and system fit available on request
Specialist Equipment Fit
Specialist and client supplied equipment fit and integration is available on request at Berthon Boat Company.
Consumable and Contingency spares packages are available on request
The following training courses are available:
- Operator Training
- Mechanic training
- Specialist Equipment Training
- Specialist Role Training